Tuesday, September 28, 2010

spring flowers, $5 wine and bubblegum ice-cream

This weekend we celebrated the queens birthday, with a public holiday, which I spent enjoying the beautiful weather that Mother Nature had put on for us. I took some time out to loose myself in the garden, amongst the spring blooms that have started to pop up. This would have to be my favourite time of the year, bright mornings, hot afternoons and cool evenings all enjoyed with family, food and of course five dollar wine.




I made a raspberry pie on Sunday to accompany an amazing pork roast that my mum cooked for a family dinner. We enjoyed a laid back evening with sparkling shiraz, which mum brought, making it a little more expensive that the five dollar white wine I had consumed that afternoon!


Monday came around all too soon, but I had a great time catching up with my friend Daisy. We went to the movies, she hated the film, but loved her packet of malteasers… Alls right in the universe again. We then finished the evening off with fish n’ chips and little creatures cider.




It was all rather delicious, however nothing matched up to the bubblegum ice cream that I washed it all down with. It was the most perfect shade of pastel pink and tasted like the bubblegum ice cream that I use to have when I was a kid.


So I’m back to work today and subsequently back to reality. However it all doesn’t seem so bad because the sun is shining and the path that I’m walking is warm under my feet. 

No comments: