Monday, January 10, 2011

the absentee blogger

 it has been a while since i have posted anything on my blog. Today i have been looking back over my favourite blogs and what they have been up to. There have been some amazing christmas posts and some really gorgeous NY ones.

I posted back in early December about how excited i was about the thanksgiving that we were hosting that night and have been MIA ever since. Well to fill you in we had 16 people for thanksgiving.   Dad set the table beautifully and mum and i prepared the food. 






We had a great night drank some beautiful champagne and wine. Enjoyed stories about the year, so far and chatted about what we had planned for the festive season. 


I think back to having thanksgiving in Minnesota in 2008. My room mate kindly invited me home to celebrate with her family, I had a great time. We got up early and prepared the turkey with her mum. I set the table for her family, which was so much fun. Then our friend Adam joined us as he was in Minnesota working on the vote counting for the election that had just happened. 


Although we are not American and I understand the roots of thanksgiving. I think that it is such a perfect opportunity to get together with people that you love and show them that you are thankful for their support, kind words, love and friendship. Plus everyone loves to eat and its such a wonderful thing to cook for others.

No comments: