Tuesday, November 9, 2010

riding along on a push bike..

To everyone's dismay, I do not drive. I have never really gotten around to it, I guess its never really been high up on my list of priorities. When I first went to NY in 2006, to study for the summer at NYU, I noticed that a lot people in NYC rode bikes everywhere. I thought that it was rather nifty and environmentally friendly. Plus it had the added bonus of being fast, as you were not getting caught in traffic. 
Earlier this year i invested in a 'periwinkle' blue vintage bike, i have been riding it ever since. Yesterday I was delighted when I saw 'Cup of Jo' had posted about a heavenly blog called 'downtown from behind', which is all about chic New Yorkers riding their bikes. It chronicles 'every street below 14th filmed and photographed 'from behind' of you riding your bike'



I love this one. Mercer St, Producer Lily Richards (leaving her boyfriends house at 7am)


This reminds me of my dad. Except he has a little citroen to transport his flowers
Check out the blog and be inspired, it really does make driving seem so 'last gen'. 
In the meantime I will continue to ride my bike all over town. If you see me with a bunch of flowers, please say hello!

No comments: