Monday, October 11, 2010

davy crockett doesn't approve

Every Friday we have fish and chips with the family, it is a tradition that my grandmother started, she loves her 'hot chips'. I remember as a small girl, whenever we were over at her house, she would take us down to the shops and we would pick up milk and biscuits for our afternoon tea and of course, a box of hot chips. 

My granny introduced me to some of my favourite things, Pride and Prejudice (the  BBC series of course), cricket, cider, milk arrowroot biscuits with warm milk and sugar, eggs and 'soliders' with tea for breakfast, and how to read tea leaves.

So on Friday we had the best fish & chips, from Fish Tales in Nedlands. Marshall makes the best chips, crispy and salty. We enjoyed the evening with a glass or two of rose, not my favourite drink but I was eager to try this bottle that I had been given. The best part was sitting around and laughing my sisters and my parents, it was such a great night! 



I spent all Friday evening after dinner and most of Saturday watching the Commonwealth games, the swimming was on and Australia performed so well. It was so great to see the camaraderie and team spirit, the Aussie team looked like they were having such a great time, in and out of the pool!!

Saturday night, my friend Lucy had a Halloween birthday party, it was such a lark. She was dressed as Cleopatra and she looked amazing. I was channelling geek'dom and one guy was dressed as a lumber-jack. I personally thought he looked like Davy Crockett, he wasn't impressed with my interpretation and I was left to my own devices with a glass of mulled wine and a slice of pumpkin pie. 

Lucy had transformed her parents house into this amazing dark and gloomy cave.  






 It was so great to go to a party where everyone was dressed up and enjoying themselves!! I cant wait for Halloween this year, I'm already planning my outfit..   

No comments: